Thursday, May 3, 2012

Starting next Monday

Here's something new. Next week, along with a whole new diary entry, I will be publishing daily episodes of a story from my zany graphic novel, Castle Comics--- which can be found right here at my store for only £4.99

The story Involves two of the comics nuttier characters, William Wally and Ben Nevis; two freedom fighters who live in the  forest that surrounds D'Boncee Castle.

Castle comics is a book I published a couple of years back and has already gone into re print due to popular demand. It was the subject of its own post last year and the article featured  several sample pages from the book. If you'd like to go take another look at it, please feel free.

The reason why I'm offering up a free four page story (which will be printed in eight segments for ease of viewing), is that it's often easier to purchase a product once you've seen the quality of the wares.

And seeing as I would like you to rush off and purchase Castle Comics--- because I think you'll enjoy its wacky humour and its zany characters--- I thought I'd better offer you the chance to test drive a few pages first. And if you purchase it in large enough numbers, I'll feel not only honour bound, but duty bound to write and produce even more books in the series, and offer up even more free sample stories.

So...

...do we have a deal?

But before you rush off and purchase you very own, pristine, full colour, A4 sized, stiff backed, signed copy of 40 pages of classic comic book mayhem. Let me tell you a little bit more about the sample story I'm about to serialise.

The two idiotic stars of the story in a typical argumentative pose
The story I'm starting on Monday 7th May is titled William Wally in raisin' a ransom and involves the two half wit, medieval terrorists as they try to capture the mighty Sir Charge--- the all powerful Knight and champion of William the Konk, Lord of D'Boncee Castle---with the aim of ransoming him off to fund 'the cause'. But in a storyline that is reminiscent of Road Runner and Coyote, the plan is thwarted at every junction with slapstick madness and humour.

This was a nicely paced story and I loved both writing and drawing it. And I hope you'll enjoy reading it over the next eight days.

So I hope to see you on Monday for the first instalment. Until then, have a great weekend

Cheers


By the way, if you are in need of books, DVD's, games, electrical goods and you're going to use Amazon to buy them, please click onto it through my site on the banner advert to your right; for every person that does I get a payment from Amazon, and if you order from that click then I get a commission on what you buy. It doesn't cost you a single penny extra but it does help fund this blog, enabling me to carry on giving you free cartoon advice and stories.

Please remember, every click you make helps me entertain you! Thank you

2 comments:

  1. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. Your comments are always appreciated, especially when I'm told that I'm getting things right

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment

Most Popular Posts