Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Panic Stations

Sometimes panic brings out the best in me.

I'd been asked--- just like I am every Monday morning--- to produce an editorial cartoon for one of the regular local newspapers that run my work. This is never normally a problem except for the fact that I was rushed off my feet that day and by 4:30---twenty minutes before they needed the rough--- I still hadn't had a chance to even look at the story.

So with less than twenty minutes I printed off the email, grabbed a pen and paper and studied the story. Five minutes later the rough layout was scanned, emailed and awaiting their reply.

Now I don't necessarily wish any commissioning editor out there---who just happens to be reading this article--- to think: 'Oh its okay, we'll just give Dixon the job twenty minutes before we go to press and everything will be fine'. Honest, I really don't want to go giving the false impression that this is the norm for me. It isn't. All I can say is that sometimes. SOMETIMES!! It just works out well and when it does its a great feeling.

And its even better when the joke works well to.

Anyway, I've added the cartoon above. It was about a primary School up north that had a Graduation day for its students, complete with caps and gowns. The rest was down to my odd little mind.

Enjoy!


By the way, if you are in need of books, DVD's, games, electrical goods and you're going to use Amazon to buy them, please click onto it through my site on the banner advert to your right; for every person that does I get a payment from Amazon, and if you order from that click then I get a commission on what you buy. It doesn't cost you a single penny extra but it does help fund this blog, enabling me to carry on giving you free cartoon advice and stories.

Please remember, every click you make helps me entertain you! Thank you


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment

Most Popular Posts