Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Big, Big Thankyou!

I'd like to start this post  by saying a very big, and a very humbling, thank you to everyone who read the Brabbles & Boggitt cartoon last week. I'd also like to thank those of you who linked the page through to their Facebook and Twitter accounts; also to those who shared the post once they'd seen it and a big thank you to everyone out there who discussed it so favourably on their blogs.

Singularly though, I'd like to thank Karen who is and always has been my rock. She has stood by and urged me on through thick and thin and never failed in her belief of me and my work. You are the greatest Karen and I feel blessed, not only to have known you, but to be lucky enough to be with you.

That said, and everyone thanked, I really couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the Google analytic ratings for Brabbles & Boggitt; within two days it had become my second most popular post and the fastest growing one in this blogs history. You certainly seemed to have taken them to your hearts.

Also, I suppose this would be an ideal time to remind you that Brabbles & Boggitt's second page will be posted tomorrow around midday. Also I'd like to announce that from week three (January 4th 2013) I will be giving the story its own archive page--- on the menu bar up above--- so you can simply hit the link to re read or catch up on what they've been up to.

Finally I'd like to bring to your attention the very talented Steve Beckett who has offered to run Brabbles & Boggitt on his blog, or more to the point, on the comics section of his blog.

Steve runs a very entertaining site called Steve Becket Design which he uses, as I do, to show case his thoughts and ideas; its well worth the trip just to see what this top comics artist and illustrator is about.

But the other point---the one about Brabbles & Boggitt---is that on his blog he runs an online children's comic called Crumbs Comic and it is there that he'll also be showcasing our little oddball twosome.

Also, cartoonist Lew Stringer, who's site can be found here, has been very kind by running a write up on our very own Brabbles & Boggitt, thanks Lew, you are very kind. Besides running himself ragged, producing top notch material for comics like the Beano, Viz, Toxic and many many more, Lew also runs a very informative and excellently written fan blog for the comics officianardo; which is well worth a look.

Well that's me catching up on the weeks comings and goings, all that's left to say is: Don't forget to come back tomorrow for the next weekly installment of Brabbles & Boggitt.

See you then.


If you like my blog and the things that I say and do, please tell your friends; mention me on Facebook, Twitter and any of the other fine social media networking sites you use. I would love to have my work reach a much larger audience and although I could no doubt eventually get there under my own steam, I'll get there a lot quicker with your help, so please, please spread the word.


Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment

Most Popular Posts