Sunday, June 3, 2012

Pumping the Clips

As part of my job as designer for a local brewery, I've been getting an increasing amount of requests to produce bespoke pump clips for pubs.

It's always great to be doing them, but as the numbers increase it is becoming ever more difficult to come up with new concepts.

But one that really stood out for me recently--- as in the fact that I was so happy with its outcome--- was the clip I did for a pub called 'the Drovers Arms'.

They gave me a pencil sketch that was drawn some twenty five years ago and really captured the feel for this historical old pub.

Once I got it back to the drawing board I knew exactly what it was that needed to be done.

This pump clip, because it had a black and white illustration, needed an almost Victoriana feel to it. And to get the effect just right, I would have to render the rest of the clip in sepia.

The eventual finished look was so pleasing for me I just had to share it with you.




By the way, if you are in need of books, DVD's, games, electrical goods and you're going to use Amazon to buy them, please click onto it through my site on the banner advert to your right; for every person that does I get a payment from Amazon, and if you order from that click then I get a commission on what you buy. It doesn't cost you a single penny extra but it does help fund this blog, enabling me to carry on giving you free cartoon advice and stories.

Please remember, every click you make helps me entertain you! Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment

Most Popular Posts