Friday, April 22, 2016

Comic Submissions---Part IV

Some times the old ones are the best!

Not that I'm saying these gags are old, au-contraire, what I mean is that sometimes I write a gag for something else and it just seem s to fit in with another market; and the four published below are prime examples of them.

All these gags have, at one time or another, been used as either spot cartoons or in other strip submissions. I used to feel bad about this; almost like I was cheating; somehow not being able to create fresh material. But this is most definitely not the case. So far as I'm concerned, when I send out a new feature submission to the big five syndicates I want to make sure that they get only my best and strongest ideas; and if those ideas happened to have appeared elsewhere---and so long as they've never actually been published before---then I see no reason why I shouldn't recycle them.

The reason why I mention this is that some of my older readers may just remember seeing some of these gags on a blog I used to run called Out to Lunch, which was kind of a forerunner to Tales from Toonsville.

Having said that, I hope you enjoy this little trip down memory lane or a blast from the not too distant past.

So once again, feast your eyes on this weeks selection and Bon Appetite.

I know it's not possible, that's why I created a parallel universe where it would be...'Toonsville is such a cool place to be, and look, no gas and air!

Hey look, someone was bound to write this one sooner or later, I'm just glad it was me.

Eeerrr...Nuff said.

My daughter works in health and beauty and when she said she was going on a laser hair removal course; well this just popped into my head, proving that there is no subject too serious that a cartoonist can't bring it down to their own silly level.

Next Wednesday I'll be delivering another slice of my idiotic existence from the pages of my diary. I'll also be posting some of the odder Tweets I've been delivering as of late. So drag y'self over here next week, you know how happy I'll be to see you. Hey if you're like me and have trouble remembering this kind of stuff, why not join my email list and have the links and reminders sent direct to your inbox
I sincerely hope you enjoyed this post. If you did then please share it like a demented sharing person and keep on coming back for more of the same, and a whole lot besides.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment

Most Popular Posts