Sunday, March 31, 2013

Censorship

Just a quick note to those of you that like to comment on my posts.

Sadly, due to spammers, I've been forced to activate the 'moderation' tab on the Diary of a Cartoonist and Writer. I've had to do this because of the continuing rise in spamming; these are the ones from 'anonymous' that make no sense at all, look ugly and are quite frankly pointless.

But the main reason why I've been forced to enact the moderation control is that one or two of these 'spammers' have been putting adverts for sites that I just don't want associated with what I say and do here. One or two have been links for adult sites and sex aides and seeing as I'm very aware that my followers are all ages---including the young--- I feel it my responsibility to protect as best as I can.

Hey, I'm no prude, but if you want those sites I'm sure you can all find them without having to link from my harmless, odd-ball and eccentric little Blog.

This move is by no means a censorship deal and any comments--- no matter how positive, negative, criticising or kind--- will ever be edited; all posts be published in their entirety and as the writer intended.

So please do feel free to add any comments you wish; just don't be too surprised if it doesn't post immediately.

Sorry for the genuine users of my site for having to do this, but for the sake of the impressionable, I'm sure you understand.

Thank you


If you like my blog and the things that I say and do, please tell your friends; mention me on Facebook, Twitter and any of the other fine social media networking sites you use. I would love to have my work reach a much larger audience and although I could no doubt eventually get there under my own steam, I'll get there a lot quicker with your help, so please, please spread the word.

Thank you

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand. I do the same on my blog and my wife has had to do it on hers for exactly the same reason. It's just a shame that there's always a few idiots around to spoil things for others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's so frustrating.

    In fact I had no idea it was so wide spread until I began receiving notifications for the moderations; yesterday it was ten...how crazy is that

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment

Most Popular Posts