Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Local Heroes

The Internet has, without a doubt, given us plenty of good things to fill our days and evenings with. And for me, without a moments hesitation, I can say, hand on heart, that one of the most enjoyable things it gives to me is the online versions of local newspapers.

I've always loved local newspapers and for a number of reasons; but if I had to pick one it would be their sense of optimism; the 'local boy does well' syndrome; the filler articles; those stories that make you chuckle and are just aching for a cartoon accompaniment.

Like I've said before: in the past all you could get was your own local paper, but now, thanks to the Internet, I can cast my reading further afield; even into different countries---to see if their newspapers do the same as ours--- and I'm delighted to report that they do.

So from today I shall be treating you to the odd (some would say very odd) cartoon accompaniment to one of these wonderful and usually eccentric little filler stories.

Today's little gem is about the worlds only licensed busking dog (I kid you not, its true) and the fact that he is retiring. Great story and I hope you like my accompanying cartoon.

Enjoy  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment

Most Popular Posts